Thursday 14 June 2012

Investment And Expenditure





This is one of my first blogs, early in 2009.  It seems that little has changed.

Quote:

My favourite uncle had a coal round, which depended on his horse and cart.

Unluckily, his surplus of revenue over costs went on racehorses that were much less reliable than the carthorse.

When the carthorse died; in the absence of people to give him credit to buy another, his business ended.

He became a manual labourer, still needing to work into his 80’s because he was short of national insurance entitlements.

I think a lot of my uncle these days.

Unquote

He always said that coal was a dirty business in any case.

1 comment:

  1. "My favourite uncle had a coal round, which depended on his horse and cart."

    That's funny, so did mine, although I suppose he wasn't my favourite uncle. His surplus revenue over costs went into buying a pub which failed.

    ReplyDelete